WELCOME TO CANDY & TERRY'S FORUM

Rose of Anzio published!

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 28/12/2015, 16:02     +1   -1

Reine du drame à la plume diversifiée qui ne cesse de produire toujours autant, malgré les ans et ses idées qui autant en emporte le vent!

Group:
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Rose of Anzio started out as a CC fanfic about Candy & Terry's daughter, Tessa Graham, and Albert's son, Anthony Ardley. I started posting this story on this forum in Sept 2014. It has turned into an epic story that went far beyond the original CC story. As of today, the story is just 2 chapters away from its end. I have also begun revising the story to change it from a fanfic to an original story without connection to CC, so I can publish it on Amazon, to bring this story to a wider audience. The story has grown to a 4-book Series. Book 1 will be officially released on Amazon on January 22, 2016. I will post updates about it when the book is released.

Some of the forum members have been following this story for more than a year. The comments thread for RoA will be kept here for anyone who is interested in reading about the historical facts during the WWII era that inspired various parts of my story.

Here, I would like to share with you Chapters 1-3 of "Moonlight", with a link to the text of the old Chapters 1-3 for comparison, plus a summary of what this book is about.

I will also post the final chapters on this thread when i finish them, but they will only remain here for 2 weeks after posting. If you are following this story and wants access to them after they are removed, please contact me.

Those of you who have been following this story, thank you for your support and being my inspiration. Those of you who would like to discover it, please feel free to contact me, or register on my author's website to receive news and updates:

www.alexakang.com

On my site, I will also be blogging frequently about 1940s Chicago and WWII topics related to my books.

Here is her Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/roseofanzio/?__mref=message

Here is the link to her website:

http://alexakang.com

Here is her Candy Candy Page:

http://alexakang.com/giving-back/candy-candy-fans/

Web  Top
icon12  view post Posted on 28/12/2015, 16:24     +1   -1

Reine du drame à la plume diversifiée qui ne cesse de produire toujours autant, malgré les ans et ses idées qui autant en emporte le vent!

Group:
Administrator

Book 1 – Moonlight

“Tessa, I don’t know how to swing dance, and I wouldn’t be very good at it if I tried. But if you care, I’d like to do a different kind of dance with you.”

Chicago, 1940

A spirited girl, alone in a new country

Dazzled by the world of jitterbug dancing

Beneath which ethnic rivalry seethes.

An ordinary boy, caught in a rising tide of war

Called to lead a community

Torn between doubts and the will to fight.

Their worlds collide

A love story begins.

Summer 1940. Fourteen-year-old Tessa Graham finds herself in a new, unfamiliar world. For her safety, she is sent from England to Chicago to live with the prominent Ardley family just before the London Blitz. Stifled by the ways of the rich, she is soon drawn to the city’s infamous South Side. A world filled with jitterbug dancing and intrigues of the powerful Irish community. But is this the escape she really wants?

On the University of Chicago campus, eighteen-year-old Anthony Ardley has to make a choice. His country stands at the brink of war. Conscription threatens to become reality. As sole heir to the Ardley fortune, should he stand with his beloved uncle, a staunch isolationist, or join his radical classmates clamoring for American intervention?

What will happen when Tessa and Anthony cross paths on the way to discovering themselves?

A coming of age tale that emerges into an epic love story, this book takes you back to Chicago in the pre-war era, when two young people must find their paths in a world that is fast falling out of control.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 28/12/2015, 16:41     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Rose of Anzio
Book One ~ Moonlight
Chapters 1-3

Chapter One

It all began in the rose garden.

A light blue Buick convertible pulled up to the entrance of the driveway leading to a limestone mansion. The mansion itself was barely visible from the street, but from there, the passersby could catch glimpses of the magnificent rose garden in front of the house.

Anthony Ardley got out of the car, said goodbye to his friend who had driven him, and walked toward his home. It was only the end of May, still early in the summer, but the Chicago heat had already started to swell. He didn't mind though. With the heat, his summer vacation had begun.

Home at last.

Exams, over. No more term papers. No more endless debate team meetings. His first year at the University of Chicago, finished.

He slung his duffle bag over his shoulder. In the familiar front yard ahead, the roses in the garden should be in full bloom.

Indeed, the blossoms were as spectacular as he expected. What he didn't expect was a teenage girl kneeling on the ground, chopping away at the flowers surrounding the tiered water fountain. Her brown hair, cut just below her shoulders, fell forward down her neck. Her arms were lithe and quick as she gathered the cut roses. He had never seen her before.

Vandal! He walked closer. She was an unusual-looking girl. She wore her hair straight. Girls didn't usually wear their hair straight. Her bangs dampened by perspiration, she wiped the sweat dripping down the side of her face, leaving a dirt mark on her left cheek. Her hands and slender fingers were covered in soil. So immersed in her task of ravaging the roses, she didn't look up when he approached.

"Who are you?" he demanded. "You're trespassing."

"Who are you?" she asked him back, surprising him with her British accent. "Why do I have to answer to you?"

"Because this is my home," he said. A large patch of the flowerbed was now in disarray. "What have you done? You're destroying private property."

The girl barely raised an eyebrow. Without answering him, she picked up the cut flowers and put them into a bag next to her, then got up and walked away.

"Hey!" he called out after her. "Come back here! I'm not done talking to you."

Ignoring him, she disappeared onto the street, leaving him with no answer except the gurgles of water flowing down the fountain.

To continue reading: http://tinyurl.com/ojgmlal

To read the originally posted fanfic version: http://tinyurl.com/ovhtvyx

Web  Top
icon12  view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 17:53     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Web  Top
icon12  view post Posted on 4/2/2016, 06:52     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

You can download Alexa's book for free until Saturday... Enjoy!

----------------------------

From Candy Candy fanfic writer of "The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else", the epic WWII love story "Rose of Anzio Book One-Moonlight" is now available for free download on Amazon from Thursday, February 4 to Saturday, February 6. "Rose of Anzio" was originally published on the English CandyTerry Forum as a continuation of the Candy Candy saga, about Tessa Graham, the daughter of Candy & Terry, and the son of Albert, Anthony Ardley. "Rose of Anzio" is now revised as its own original story. Download this week to find out what happened to Anthony and Tessa as they journey through the tumultuous era of WWII.

To get your free download: http://www.amazon.com/Rose-Anzio-Moonlight...s=rose+of+anzio

Chicago, 1940

A spirited girl, alone in a new country.

Dazzled by the world of jitterbug dancing,

Beneath which ethnic rivalry seethes.

An ordinary boy, caught in a rising tide of war.

Called to lead a community,

Torn between doubts and the will to fight.

Their worlds collide.

A love story begins.

Summer 1940. Fourteen-year-old Tessa Graham finds herself in a new, unfamiliar world. For her safety, she is sent from England to Chicago to live with the prominent Ardley family just before the London Blitz. Stifled by the ways of the rich, she is soon drawn to the city's infamous South Side. A world where she discovers jitterbug dancing, and the intrigues of the powerful Irish community. But is this the escape she really wants? On the University of Chicago campus, eighteen-year-old Anthony Ardley has to make a choice. His country stands at the brink of war. Conscription threatens to become reality. As sole heir to the Ardley fortune, should he stand with his beloved uncle, a staunch isolationist, or join his radical classmates clamoring for American intervention? What will happen when Tessa and Anthony cross paths on the way to discovering themselves? A coming of age tale that emerges into an epic love story, this book takes you back to Chicago in the pre-war era, when two young people must find their paths in a world that is fast falling out of control.

Edited by Gentillefille - 4/2/2016, 11:31

Web  Top
icon12  view post Posted on 3/7/2016, 12:54     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

She's trying to make a manga with her book, this is chapter 8...

Web  Top
5 replies since 28/12/2015, 16:02   372 views